Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian Murphy Brian Murphy is offline

Default change path to an add-in

That's interesting. I didn't think about doing it within NSIS.

But if I had, I still would have done it with VB6 because I consider
that to be a much easier route. Especially since KeepItCool had
already written the VB6 code.

Brian

On Oct 2, 9:26 am, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Glad you got it working.

I've never used the NSIS installer although I've had it on my system for
years. A quick look in help suggests all can be done in the NSIS script
without the need for the separate VB6 app.

Regards,
Peter T

"Brian Murphy" wrote in message

I have created a VB6 program using KeepItCool's posted code.
I call the VB6 program from my NSIS installer.
In my limited testing so far it works great!

Thanks for the great tip, Peter.
I've wanted to do this addin install/uninstall stuff for years, and
now I can :)

If I knew how to put a link to the specific post with the code, I
would.
Here is the header for the post.
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
From: keepITcool