Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DMoney DMoney is offline

Default Converting Time

Format as text as you are building a text string.
dm

"JT" wrote:

I get a file that displays time as 0515A. I need to convert it to 05:15 AM.
I use the mid function to retrieve the hour, minutes and A or P. I then
rebuild the string as 05:15 AM and write it to a cell.

Before writing it to a cell, I format the cell as "hh:mm AM/PM".

When I look at the cell, I see 05:15 AM. However, the actual cell value is
05:15:00 AM.

Is there a format or way to make the actual cell value as 05:15 AM instead of
05:15:00 AM?

Thanks for the help......
--
JT