Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default advanced filter

Hi,

You need to clarify:

1. What do you mean that Advanced Filter only had one criteria option? The
dialog box is exactly the same as in 2003 and all earlier versions. If you
mean there can be only one criteria range with 10,000,000 conditions, that is
correct.
2. What do you mean "filter in both directions". Are you trying to sort or
filter. Or do you mean you are tryiig to filter all items that meet
condition A and then all items that don't meet condition A. The criteria
range would look like this
First Name or First Name
Smith <Smith

You might need to be careful with these criteria but the basic concept works.

3. If you want to pick a filter on one page and have it filter two pages you
will need to consider VBA. Do you want a programming solution?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"SteveDB1" wrote:

Morning all.
As I've read through the posts on filtering, I see a lot of discussion on
using the Advanced Filter to create a custom filter mechanism.
When I found my advanced filter in 2007, it only had one criteria option.
I then tried using it in "both directions" for my desired filter and it
didn't do what I needed.

Is there a way to set a filter to link the filter to two worksheets? I.e.,
if I pick an element on one page, both that page, and the other page become
filtered?

Thank you.
SteveB.