Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro to Clear Cells and Delete Rows

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim LastRow As Long
Dim FirstRow As Long
Dim iRow As Long

With Worksheets("somesheetnamehere")
FirstRow = 1
LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "J").End(xlUp).Row

For iRow = LastRow To FirstRow Step -1
Select Case UCase(.Cells(iRow, "J").Value)
Case Is = "H"
.Cells(iRow, "J").Resize(1, 2).ClearContents
Case Is = "T", "R", "D", "P"
.Rows(iRow).Delete
End Select
Next iRow
End With

End Sub

mt_pelion wrote:

I am trying to automate the formatting of an Excel output file so that I can
send it to clients. To do this I need a macro that will:

1. Check each Cell in Column J
2. If Cell in Column J is = to "H" I need to clear the Cells in Column J & K
for that Row.
3. If Cell in Column J is = to "T", "R", "D", or "P" I need to delete the
the entire row.

I would appreciate any and all help with this.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson