Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric Eric is offline

Default Lookup

Joel,
The last post didn't work. I am trying to figure this out so can you help
me on breaking down the formula

=Index(offset('PWL Number'!B4:CX4,Match(c409,'PWL Number'!A5:A504,0),

Does this formula find which row the test number is in and mark it as a
reference row?

Match(C406,Offset('PWL Number'!B4:CX4,Match(C409,'PWL Number'!A5:A504,0),),-1)

Does this find the number that I need in the row from the first part of the
formula? If so what does the ending mean, ),)-1)?

If my thought process is correct then the second part of the formula is
where I need it to read "if the number is greater than the largest number in
that line then use the largest number in that line or else use the number
matching or close to the number found in cell C406".

I hope this makes sense.....Refere to the last posting for the rows and
numbers

Eric