Default Bypassing the 128MB formula memory limitation in 2002?

I have several users that need to open 5 different spreadsheets, all
linked to each other, but keep encountering the "Excel cannot complete
this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other
apps."

My research has indicated this is due to the built in limitation of
128MB for formula memory in Excel 2002.

Unfortunately, using Excel 2003 is out of the question due to a third
party app conflict (the 3rd part app is necessary and does not function
in Excel 2003). Naturally Excel 2003 testing has shown no issue in
opening all 5 spreadsheets at the same time.

I have tried opening multiple instances of Excel 2002 and this does
bypass the 128MB limitation as that is on a per instance basis, but the
links no longer function.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.