Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I find columns with #### in them?

Maury,

You need to use the Text property of the range object:

Sub FindHashes()
Dim myC As Range
For Each myC In Range("A1:C10") 'Change to suit
If InStr(1, myC.Text, "#") 0 Then
MsgBox myC.Address & " has the text " & myC.Text & " instead of " & myC.Value
End If
Next myC

End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Maury Markowitz" wrote in message
I like autofit, but sometimes you want to hand-size a column. But then
when the numbers overflow, it's nice to be able to jiggle them.

But how do I find which columns are not wide enough? Is there a trick?

Maury