Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Run-time error '1004': Insert method of Range class failed

You can try this...

dim rngVisible as range
dim rng as range

Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="1"
on error resume next
set rngVisible = Range("A2:R2044").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
on error goto 0

If Not rngVisible Is Nothing Then
For Each rng In rngVisible.Areas
rng.EntireRow.Insert
Next rng
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"jerryb123" wrote:

Hello, all:

I keep getting this Error 1004 in my macro.

This portion of the macro filters a selection, selects only the visible
cells, and inserts new entire rows. I've tried coding it different ways, and
always I get the same error. Here is the section of code:

Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="1"
Range("A2:R2044").Select
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert

It hangs up on the last line of code. I posted something about this earlier
but didn't get much help--any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I'm
sure it is a quick fix. Thanks again!