Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default VBA code/form missing in Excel 2007

I check it out after I come home from the hospital

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"megabite" wrote in message ...
on it's way.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

If you want you can send me the file private.
I will look at it for you this evening

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"megabite" wrote in message ...
yes, that's where it started.

went through all the version, security, network, compatibility issues I
could think of before coming here.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Do you have the same problem when you open the same file from your desktop

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"megabite" wrote in message ...
I open the file in 2007 as xls. I open it from a network drive so I am
opening exactly the same file in 2003 from another computer.

I have not, and will not, save the file in 2007 - I need it to remain
compatible with 2003.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Do you open the xls in 2007 ?
If you save the xls as a xlsx file in 2007 your code and form are gone.

If you have done that save the xls as xlsm and try it again

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"megabite" wrote in message ...
well that there is the question.
I open the file in 2003 on another computer , the code and form are there.
I open the file in 2007, no code, no form. Why?
Is it a security thing? I think I turned it all off. Compatibility bug?
Something else?

"incre-d" wrote:

I still don't enjoy this 2007 stuff.

Are you looking in the correct proejct in the Visual Basic...? I just opened
an excel 2003 sheet with form and code, and both show.

"megabite" wrote:

Excel Options, Popular, check the box labeled "Show Developer tab in Ribbon"

"incre-d" wrote:

Hi, what do you mean "go to Developer, Visual Basic"

I can't see a menu item for Developer?

"megabite" wrote:

In Office 2003, I created an Excel file that includes a small form and some
VBA code. I want to use this same form and code in Excel 2007 - VSTO is not
an option. But when I open the file and go to Developer, Visual Basic, there
is no form and the code is blank.

How do I get this file to function in Excel 2007?