alehm

swatsp0p Wrote:
Hi, Alehm: Not too tough... try this and adjust listed ranges to meet
your needs:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100<"")*(B2:B100="UPS")/COUNTIF(A2:A100,A2:A100&""))

blank lines will be ignored.

In your example, this will return 3

HTH

Bruce

swatp0p:

This is exactly what I need except there is one problem I am having.

When presenting my example I used "UPS" as a carrier when in fact the
carrier is actually a number in my report "22709838". When I use your
formula and change UPS in your example to the actual carrier I am
matching against I get zero records. However, if I manually change that
number to text "UPS" on the report and formula then it works.

Is there a reason why the formula will work with text and not numeric
characters?

--
alehm
alehm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27077