Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve[_73_] Steve[_73_] is offline

Default What is wrong with this code?

This code is suppose to move and rename all files to a different
directory with todays date in the format of "mmyydd_" in the front of
each file. When the code runs it find all my files but the files are
not renamed or moved. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Steve

****CODE START HERE****

Sub MSIToIMDS()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim OldName As String
Dim NewName As String
Dim x As String
Dim i As Integer
'set file path

Oldpath = "C:\MSIReportNameConvert\MSI_Input\"
Newpath = "C:\MSIReportNameConvert\IMDS_Output\"

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = Oldpath
.SearchSubFolders = False 'True
.MatchTextExactly = False

.Filename = "*.*"
If .Execute(msoSortOrderDescending) 0 Then
MsgBox "There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & " file(s) found."
On Error Resume Next
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
OldName = .FoundFiles(i)

xconvention = Format(Date, "MMDDYY_")
NewName = Newpath & xconvention & OldName
Name OldName As NewName
Next i
Else
MsgBox "There were no files found."