Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cullen Morris Cullen Morris is offline

Default Setting Range value using a single dimension array

I am writing a VSTO addin for Excel using Visual Studio 2005. I am
attempting to set the value for a range of cells using a one
dimensional string array. However, only the first string in the array
is being set in each cell in the range. I've read about a Transpose
function, but this is not available in the
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application class.

Here's a code sample:

string[] valArray = new string[3];
valArray[0] = (string)"some data 1";
valArray[1] = (string)"blah";
valArray[2] = (string)"blah 2";

Excel.Range evenRange = this.Application.get_Range("A2,A4,A6",
Type.Missing);
evenRange.set_Value(Type.Missing, valArray);

This code puts "some data 1" in cells A2, A4,and A6.

I will also need to be able to set a range containing cells in a
single row, rather than a single column. Is the code for doing this
any different?

Thanks for any assistance.