Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Funtime Funtime is offline

Default file owner properties

I guess I did not put enough detail into my question. Sean highlights
exactly what I am trying to do in a very simple manual command.
I am trying to write a vba script for excel that will search through various
directories on my server, and selectively change the "owner" property of
individual files and folders. My reference to xcacls is an analogy to my
situation. I use the same search programing today and execute the xcacls.vbs
command in a shell to manipulate the files permissions property. Xcacls does
not control the ownership.

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

If you just want to change the name of the owner and such, go to File then
Properties.

"Funtime" wrote:

I know xcacls.vbs can be used to change file permissions. Is there a similar
tool to change file ownership?