Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RyanH RyanH is offline

Default conditional formatting 1004 errors

Is the sheet you are trying to apply the formats protected? If so, you need
to unprotect the worksheet first then reapply the protection.

Sub TEST()

' unprotect sheet first
Sheets("Sheet1").Unprotect Password:="password"

' your code
With Range("I10:I1000")
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _
"=(AND(ABS($J10)$G$5,ABS($I10)$G$4))"

.FormatConditions(.FormatConditions.Count).SetFirs tPriority
With .FormatConditions(1).Font
.Bold = True
.Italic = False
.Color = -16776961
.TintAndShade = 0
End With
.FormatConditions(1).StopIfTrue = True
End With

' protect sheet
Sheets("Sheet1").Protect Password:="password"

End Sub

Hope this helps! If so, let me know by clicking YES below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Sarah" wrote:

I'm a rookie. I am getting Run-time error '1004': Unable to set the Bold
property of the Font class with the following code:

Range("I10:I1000").Select

Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _
"=(AND(ABS($J10)$G$5,ABS($I10)$G$4))"

Selection.FormatConditions(Selection.FormatConditi ons.Count).SetFirstPriority
With Selection.FormatConditions(1).Font
.Bold = True
.Italic = False
.Color = -16776961
.TintAndShade = 0
End With
Selection.FormatConditions(1).StopIfTrue = True

Thank you