Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tony Bender Tony Bender is offline

Default Copy Excel chart to PPT that is already open

I have an Excel application where the user can view tables and charts
in Excel and have the option of exporting the table and pie chart into
a PowerPoint presentation. Here is my code that opens PPT and
launches a macro I have in PPT that copies the Excel pie chart and
table and pastes onto a new slide in the existing PPT file. This
works fine, except when I return to the Excel workbook and find other
tables I want to export into the PPT deck, this code opens a second
(read-only) version of the original. What is the code to simply copy
onto a PPT that is already open?

Sub OpenPPT()
Dim PPApp As PowerPoint.Application
Dim PPPres As PowerPoint.Presentation

Set PPApp = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")
PPApp.Visible = msoTrue

Set PPPres = PPApp.Presentations.Open("C:\data\TestPPT.ppt")

'******Runs macro in PPT that copies data from excel and pastes
onto PPT slides
PPApp.Run (PPPres.Name & "!AddPieChart")

End Sub

I tried replacing
Set PPApp = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")
with
Set PPApp = GetObject("PowerPoint.Application")

but that doesn't work.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you,

TB