Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Very Unusual Sort Rows Needed

not sure if i made the correct assumptions, but i assumed that if there was a
value in M1, N1 would be blank and if there was value in N2, M2 would be blank.

i used a helper column (column O) with this formula and dragged it down:
=IF(M10,M1,N1)

then i selected M,N, and O and sorted on column O.

--

Gary

"RONZANDER" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that I need to sort the rows based on two columns.
Now before everyone tries to tell me how to sort using Excel's sort
function, I will state that it will not do what I need and this is why
and what I need to discover a macro to do...

Example:
A B
----- -----
200
300
100
200
100
300
200
100
300
etc, etc, etc

After "Sort" Macro:
A B
----- -----
100
100
100
200
200
200
300
300
300

And now for the fun part? The sort on data is NOT in column A & B, but
rather in columns M & N and must stay that way.

Any ideas?