Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mikebres mikebres is offline

Default How can I seperate Imported text with delimeter as part of the par

I have large text files that I need to import. I only needed some of the data
from them so I select those lines from the text file and import these. I've
got that part working, but I ran into an issue with some of the columns
having the comma, which I'm using as the delimeter, inside them. Here is an
example:

"Lastname","FirstName","Sales,Marketing","more data...

I had been using the substitute function to remove the quotes before I split
the line with the Split function. However, when I came across this I had to
rethink my solution. Well my thinking hasn't worked too well.

So how can I split these lines, remove the quotes, and keep the comma as
part of the result?

Thanks
Mike