Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kirk[_6_] Kirk[_6_] is offline

Default Working with Excel via Visual Studio 2008

Hello,

I have been programming for some time in VB & VBA, but this is my
first attempt to program in Visual Studio 2008 for Excel. Basically,
I am looking for a good place to start for my application.

I have a customer that uses a custom software package (not mine) that
kicks out around 12 reports as Excel 2003 documents. The customer
then imports data from specific cell ranges in these 12 documents to a
"Master" Excel file. Within this Master file, he does calculations
and generates graphs & charts. As a final step, he exports the graphs
generated to PowerPoint presentations. I realize this is convulted,
but I wanted to explain the existing scenario, as this is what I am
trying to automate.

What would be my best method for creating a VB application that pulled
data from specific locations (cell ranges in the 12 report documents)
and put them into the Master Excel file? I know that VS2008 has some
templates and support for Excel, but I am having a difficult time
getting started.

I have attempted to do some research myself, but most of the examples
I have found relate to manipulating data in a singe Excel document
(not across multiple files). I would greatly appreciate any
suggestions or references to sites where I could get more information.

Thank you!