Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KIM W KIM W is offline

Default Excel macro - personal folder

That was all it took!
:)

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Try it like this

Sub NumberWorksheets_2()
'Purpose is to pre-pend each worksheet name with number for easy reference.
'Replaces with numbers, starting with 1 at leftmost worksheet.

Dim iCtr As Long
Dim iPos As Long

For iCtr = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count
On Error Resume Next
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(iCtr)
iPos = InStr(1, .Name, ".")
If iPos 0 Then
.Name = iCtr & "." & Right(.Name, Len(.Name) - iPos)
Else
.Name = iCtr & "." & .Name
End If
If Err.Number < 0 Then
MsgBox "Trouble with " & ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(iCtr).Name
Err.Clear
End If
End With
Next iCtr

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"KIM W" wrote in message ...
This post seems to be related to my issue, but I cannot seem to fix it based
on info in this post.
My I get help with my Macro in Personal.xlsb?
This code works fine on the Workbook I originally created it in, but now I
find it so useful that I want it always available. I re-number worksheets in
the active workbook using the following, but it only re-numbers the
worksheets in Personal.xlsb when run from any other workbook:

Sub NumberWorksheets()
'Purpose is to pre-pend each worksheet name with number for easy reference.
'Replaces with numbers, starting with 1 at leftmost worksheet.

Dim iCtr As Long
Dim iPos As Long

For iCtr = 1 To Worksheets.Count
On Error Resume Next
With Worksheets(iCtr)
iPos = InStr(1, .Name, ".")
If iPos 0 Then
.Name = iCtr & "." & Right(.Name, Len(.Name) - iPos)
Else
.Name = iCtr & "." & .Name
End If
If Err.Number < 0 Then
MsgBox "Trouble with " & Worksheets(iCtr).Name
Err.Clear
End If
End With
Next iCtr

End Sub

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Doogie

Change every thisworkbook in the code to activeworkbook

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Doogie" wrote in message ...
I have created an excel macro and stored it in my personal.xlsm
workbook. I can access it from other workbooks just fine, but when I
execute it, it always executes the functionality against
personal.xlsm. How do I get it to ignore personal.xlsm and execute
against the other workbook I have open?