Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default FileSearch in Office 2007 generates an error?

Hi Don

If you want to include subfolders, see the code on this page.

Merge data from all workbooks in a folder (2)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/fso.htm

My RDBMerge add-in have also a subfolder option

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Don Guillett" wrote in message ...

Ron, Is there a way to specify sub directories with DIR??
With filesearch you could specify sub folders.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi XP

FileSearch is removed from Excel 2007

You can use Dir See the "Copy/Paste/Merge examples" section on my site for
examples.

If you need more help post back

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"XP" wrote in message
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP;

Since converting to Office 2007, the following generates an error on the
second line:

Dim ofsSearch As FileSearch
Set ofsSearch = Application.FileSearch

Error is "Object doesn't support this action"; has the FileSearch object
gone away? Or have I just been using it wrong in the past and Office 2003
let you get away with it?

Could someone please offer an alternative to FileSearch? An example
function to pattern search for a file would be most appreciated. Thanks
much in advance.

Thanks!