Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Simplify Code help

When you say "I lost column and row formatting on the master sheet", I
presume you mean in the cells on the master sheet that were copied to... not
the entire column of formatted cells. Yes, the Copy method changes the
cell(s) it copies to's formatting to that of the cell(s) it copied from.
What surprises me about your statement is that you have the cells on one
sheet formatted differently than the cells on the other sheet **for the
exact same data**. Have I interpreted your comment correctly? Out of
curiosity, what is the formatting on each sheet that you are actually using?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"DavidH56" wrote in message
Rick, I just tried you code. Font formatting was maintained bur I lost
column
and row formatting on the master sheet.

Thanks.
--
By persisting in your path, though you forfeit the little, you gain the
great.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Thanks for your quick response Jim. Thanks Rick and Mike and JP for
your
input.
This works perfectly and so fast. I'm always amazed at the vast
knowledge
that I glean from you experts. This is exactly what I was looking for.
One
last question. How would I copy over formats as well? (ie bold font..)

I guess you didn't actually try my code out then, did you?<g

The code I posted preserve the formatting of the cell.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)