Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Assigning value to text

=IF(A1="NO CHANGE",10,IF(A1="FOR CHANGE",20,30))
Regards,
Stefi

€˛Robincambs€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Sorry about the user group etiquette, something i'm not farmiliar
with.

I have found your suggestion works fine - it was my formatting that
was at fault.

how could i address 3 different conditions and assign 3 values
such as NO CHANGE" = 10 or "FOR CHANGE" = 20 or "PENDING CHANGE" = 30

Kind regards
Rob

On 22 Sep, 15:05, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:
It is usually easier if you follow the same posting method as the person who
responded to you... in my case, posting the responses at the top of the
message (that way the text is not bouncing back and forth from top to
bottom).

As for your problem... conditional formatting or dropdown lists should not
affect the formulas that have been posted from working. I am going to guess
that you have more in your cells than NO CHANGE or FOR CHANGE... perhaps
some extra spaces at the front or back?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Unfortunatly neither of those work - perhaps its due to me using
conditional formatting or dropdown lists?- Hide quoted text -