Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HappySenior[_2_] HappySenior[_2_] is offline

Default Hide rows of active selection

On Sep 22, 10:25*am, chrismv48
wrote:
Because the reports are generated with many rows already hidden for various
reasons. *When you enable a filter, it unhides everything. *So then I'd have
to go thru and apply a bunch of filters to get it back to where I wanted in
the first place.

Andrew--That code ran from beginning to end, but as far as I can tell, it
didn't do anything ???

"HappySenior" wrote:
On Sep 19, 4:07 pm, chrismv48
wrote:
Hello--

I have a huge amount of information that comes in monthly that is always
formatted/positioned in the exact same way. *Only differences are cell values.

I'd like to build a macro that would allow the user to automatically hide
rows that contain a 0 for column's N and K. *However there are blocks of data
for which I would not want to hide, so I was thinking if the user can just
select the relevant data he/she wants to run the macro on, that'd be best..

Any suggestions?

Why write a macro? I'd use data/filter/autofilter and then on row 1 in
column N I'd click on the drop-down and set a custom filter "not
equal" and a value of 0. I'd do the same thing in column K. The "not
equal" condition will allow negative amounts to display.

Don in Montana- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the additional facts. When looking at the filtered data,
copy the entire ws to a new sheet. The new sheet will exclude whatever
your filter hid. You can now apply a filter to that sheet without
having to redo the previously set filter.
Don in Montana.