Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mister tbo mister tbo is offline

Default Web Queries : Passing variables via POST method not working

Hello !

This is my first post here, and hopefully not my last. Hope someone can
help, I'm clueless.

I have to pass a few variables to a VBA Web Query that uses POST method. So
far, so good. However, one of the variables is a bit tricky (it's actually a
constant), of the form "/wEWIALL337KBDgK+1+PfDwLhp" (but way longer). Excel
wont pass it as is because of the + signs. When I check out the POST data
sent with an http analyzer, I see that the pluses have become line returns !

Original : "/wEWIALL337KBDgK+1+PfDwLhp"
Becomes : "/wEWIALL337KBDgK
1
PfDwLhp"

I tried replacing the pluses by Chr(43), but the problem remains, the http
analyzer still shows the variable passed with line returns, which of course,
gives me an error page from the server.

Any clues on a workaround (pretty pretty please) ?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm working on Excel 2002 SP3.