Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patel Patel is offline

Default Converting xlsx to xl

Good morning,

I'm hoping someone has already ran into this problem, and I'm sure it
will continue until more businesses switch over to 2007 excel xlsx.
Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a file that that I'm taking some
information from, copying it, starting a new workbook, pasting the
information, and then generating an e-mail. The problem is that even
if my original workbook was saved as a 97-2003 excel workbook, now
that I have 2007 installed, any new workbook automatically becomes an
xlsx. I would like to make this code still work but without having the
user have to do a "save as", change the file type, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sheets("Log").Select
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Copy
Workbooks.Add
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteColumnWidths,
Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("A1").Select
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show

Thank you,
Stephen