Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Assigning value to text

You should always ask for what you want initially and not simplify your
requests for us... the nature of formula (and even macro) solutions are that
they tend to be good only for the conditions they were designed to handle
and no more. For your current question, which did not tell us what you
wanted for the PENDING CHANGE condition (so I assumed 30 in my sample
formula), try this...

=IF(A1="","",IF(A1="NO CHANGE",10,IF(A1="FOR CHANGE",20,30)))

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Yes - that works great, how could i address 3 different conditions
such as NO CHANGE" or "FOR CHANGE" or "PENDING CHANGE"