Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Héctor Miguel Héctor Miguel is offline

Default putting criteria directly into a database query, dsum, daverage, e

hi, !

Is it possible in Excel to simply put criteria for a database query like dsum(), dget(), davg() right in the query?
For example, dsum(named range, field name, criteria-right-in-the-query).
I am tired of laying out hords of query criteria in named ranges that I refer to in just one query.
Is there a way to do this without vb macros?

you might want to give a try to ms-query ? (data get external data)
- build the query
- assign certain parameters to cells
- modify "the cells" (or parameters)
- refresh yur query