Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default Macro to create charts - Points to wrong sheet

You need to ensure you have your references set up and that the path, file
and worksheet names exist

This part needs to be changed.....

\March 2008\[Results - March.xls]Individual Results Data'!

In you path "I:\CCR\SAM\IPP\FCC Results" is there a folder called "October
2008", in which there is the file "Results - March.xls" in which is a sheet
named "Individual Result Data" ?

Nigel

"JDB" wrote in message
I have a macro in personal.xls that automatically creates charts. There are
three sheets, the first is where the user selects a name from a drop down
box
and the chart is displayed. The second sheet is, I think where the problem
lies, it looks at the name the user has selected on sheet one and
populates
with the data drawn from sheet three. Sheet one then displays the graph.
The
problem I'm having is that the second sheet draws it's data from an
earlier
workbook (results - march) and not the one I wish to use (results -
october).
When I created the October sheet I copied the sheets across - the macros
where in the workbook so I moved them to my personal.xls to make them
work.

The formula on the first column of the second sheet looks like this if it
helps!

=VLOOKUP(F2,'I:\CCR\SAM\IPP\FCC Results\March 2008\[Results -
March.xls]Individual Results Data'!B1:N202,1,FALSE)

I need March to read Octover but Excel says that one or more references
are
invalid!

Grateful for any replies!