Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Bridges[_2_] Bob Bridges[_2_] is offline

Default Cell to display certain if an entry is provided

I don't know much about links in VBA/Excel, but you can set up an event
that's triggered whenever your user changes the contents of a cell; the event
code would check to see whether the cell is this special one, and if it is
could (I presume) do whatever is necessary to turn the entered text into a
link. I thought you could do a KeyPress event to check for <Ctl-K, but I
don't see that available in the VBA/Excel documentation now that I look --
that is, not for worksheets or cells, though it is for user forms and
controls.

But maybe this simply means the user doesn't have to hit <Ctl-K; just enter
the data and it works.

--- "Bryan" wrote:
I have a column in my excel spreadsheet title WWW. It's used to list
hyperlinks to products on a company website. What I would like to do, is
when a user selects the desired cell in this column and hits cntrl+k to enter
a hyperlink, a formula will automatically insert the text 'link' when there
is an entry instead of the entire URL. Is this possible? I looked into
conditional formatting, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do what I want.