paige

or....

just make a list of your unique carries in row A. then so a sumif formula
for every time you get a number of orders for that carrier......

=SUMIF(range,criteria,sumrange)

"paige" wrote:

you should be able to do the following:

data/filter/advanced filter function....do this for column a, then all you
need to do is a vlookup of the carriers back into your unique column.

"alehm" wrote:

have a tough one he

I have a report that shows shipped orders (column A) and the carrier
used for that order (column B). Since the order number in Column A is
repeated for every item shipped, Column A is not reliable for unique
order numbers. Also different orders have different carriers in Column
B.

What I am needing is for every match of a certain carrier (column B) to
pull back unique order numbers in Column A.

Here is a visual example if a better explination is needed:

Order Carrier
1 UPS
1 UPS
2 FedEx
3 UPS
3 UPS
3 UPS
4 UPS
4 UPS
5 FedEx

From the list above, if I wanted to know how many unique orders shipped
UPS is there a formula that exists to give me this information?

--
alehm
alehm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27077