Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Liz Liz is offline

Default Set Cell.Value to the Formated value

Cp'n

I am having similar issue with dates in tab delimited file showing up in
wrong formatt when excel opens. Forgive the simple question, but are you
saying that in your tab delimited file you have your date value and after the
date value, but before the tab seperator you add Chr(160) then tab... see
example

.....tab2007-01-01Chr(160)tab.......

and if you had more than one date value in each line in the file you would
do the same thing for each date value?

Cheers,

L :)
--
It it''s meant to be, it won''t pass you by!

"Captain Nemo" wrote:

In article ,
Captain Nemo wrote:

In article ,
Joel wrote:

Hi Joel -

It's tab-delimited, not CSV, but I doubt that makes a difference.

I'll keep plugging...the problem is that the file is created in Excel,
but imported into Notes, and it's Notes that's particular. It leaves
Excel right the first time, but wrong the second time if I have to make
an update instead of an entirely new version.

The question is going to be what Notes does when if gets a field with a
leading apostrophe. I know how to find out ;-)

Thanks.

...best, Capt N.

Found the answer. Prepended apostrophes disappear when saved off as
text. Appended apostrophes do not.

So, I appended Chr(160) instead and Excel and Notes are happy, and the
date looks like the date needs to look.

Thanks to all.
....best, Capt N.
--
Scream and Shout and Jump for Joy! I was here before Kilroy!

Sorry to spoil our little joke. I was here but my computer broke.

....Kilroy