Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Minitman Minitman is offline

Default Retrieving Part of a Cell Contents

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

That is exactly what I was looking for. I was missing the "Search"
command.

Thank you.

-Minitman

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:10:01 -0700, Mike H
wrote:

Try this

=MID(A1,SEARCH("_",A1)+1,LEN(A1))

Mike

"Minitman" wrote:

Greetings,

I have a column of text that has a "_" in the middle of the text.
This "_" is in different places in these cells. I want to get all of
the text after these "_" and have it show up in the adjacent cells.

I took a look at Left, Right and Mid, but they don't seem to be able
to start with a character only a position.

Is there anyway to use a character to start character retrieval
instead of position?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Minitman