Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rik Rik is offline

Default Pick data from web page (no query)

Thanks for your answer but running your code does not bring anything in the
excel sheet ...
It runs without any failure code but it seems it cannot find any ID's ???

In the web page source though, i found all codes (as shown before) in the
pasted part of the code.
Do you have a solution ?

"Joel" wrote:

You are return nothing because it didn' tfind an ID= matching your criteria.
Try one of my two instruction and you will see it will return a value

Set last = IE.document.getelementsbytagname("Form")

'or
Set last = IE.document.getElementByID("objInloggenScreen")

Try this code which will get all the ID's. Then in the Internet Explorer
view the Source code from the menu VIEW - SOURCE. You'll see the items in
column A on the spreadsheet will match the ID= in the source

Sub Getquotes2()
Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
IE.Visible = True
URL = "https://www.binck.com/gekko/default.aspx?" & _

"Redir=/gekko/common/researchennieuws/fondsdetails/overzicht.aspx?binc=1068754"

'get web page
IE.Navigate2 URL
Do While IE.readyState < 4
DoEvents
Loop
Set last = IE.document.all
RowCount = 1
For Each itm In IE.document.all
If itm.ID < "" Then
With ActiveSheet

.Range("A" & RowCount) = itm.ID
RowCount = RowCount + 1
End With
End If
Next itm

End Sub

"rik" wrote:

I'm sorry, but i'm not with you anymore :

"objInloggenScreen" ? Does this mean : the ID that i found in the source of
the web page (1068754|LAST, see pasted source in my first post)

add a Watch : i think i could do this although i couldn't find the plus (+)
you mentioned. Running with break point and watch gives me :

Watch : : last : Nothing : Variant/Object : Module1.Getquotes
so value = nothing
on website it is = 350,30

I also do not understand your sentence "When referencing these objects you
will use Last.innertext"

Basically, what i want to do is putting this value (350,30) into cell A1.
What do i do wrong ?