Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MikeZz MikeZz is offline

Default xlApp.Quit - Doesn't Close Instance.... Any ideas?

I'm using Excel 2003 with SP3 installed.

"Jim Cone" wrote:

Which office application are you using to run your code?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"MikeZz"
wrote in message
Hi,
I've been having some memory problems and so I tried a little test.
According to this group and other resources, the routine below should open a
new file in a new xlApp, then upon closing, quiting, setting = nothing,
should remove it from the Task Manager.

However, it does not get rid of it. I can't see it in my windows toolbar as
an open file but it shows up in Task Manager. The other odd thing is that I
can re-run it multiple times (opening the same file) and sometimes and get
totally different Memory usage... one time it's 28MB, another it's only 15MB.
Thanks for any thoughts,
MikeZz