Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Hudston Michael Hudston is offline

Default Saving a workbook using VBA

I have tried that bob, but makes no difference

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Why not just

ActiveWorkbook.Save

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Michael Hudston" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to set up my workbook to save any changes on pressing of a
button.

I have created the macro, which is simple and contains the one following
line

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Name

This quite expectedly shows up a dialogue box asking if I want to
overwrite
the existing file.

If I select Yes,then the file saves without any problem. However if I say
no or cancel then it produces the following error - Run-time error 1004,
application-defined or object defined error.

Ideally if I select no then I would want a dialogue that allows me to
change
the filename, or if I select Cancel then I would like it to just return to
the current active worksheet.

Ive been playing with this for days and I am no closer to solving it.

Help anyone please