Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Hide Rows

The code works fine so there are only threee reasons it is not working for your

1) You are typing a small x instead of a Capital x
2) The Macro is on the wrong worksheet. the code has to be on the VBA sheet
that coorresponds to the worksheet you are working with. The macro can't be
in a module sheet or THISWORKBOOK.
3) Macros or event are disabled Try running the code to enable events

Sub test()

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Also make sure none event macros are working. You workbook may bed in the
wrong security mode or if you have Medium security level then you may of
forgotten to enable macros when you opened the workbook.

"newguy" wrote:

I am trying to get this code to work where if a user enters an X in a
range of cells a corresponding group of rows is hidden further down in
the worksheet and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

If Range("B5") = "X" Then
Range("B9:B15").EntireRow.Hidden = True
Else
Range("B9:B15").EntireRow.Hidden = False