Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JAC JAC is offline

Default Advice Sought

Recently I have been splitting up a large Excel workbook into a small
Excel workbook and compiled DLL Add-in.

I tend to give code-names (e.g. shtControl) to my worksheets. e.g.
Sheets("Control Panel") so that the software will continue to work
satisfactorily should the user change the name. e.g. "Control Panel"
to "My Controls" for instance.

I have had considerable success with implementing my DLL. However, I
have noticed that it will not work if I refer to the sheets by their
code-names. I have to use the visible name.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is there a work-around? There
are some visible sheets that I do not wish the user to rename. Does
any one have ideas about the preserving the sanctity of a sheet?

Many thanks.