Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Updating "active window" in Embedded Excel OLEObject in PowerP

I know how to do everything you say manually. I need to know how to do it
programmatically? Can the Excel Subwindow be resized programmatically? If
so, how?
Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

"ker_01" wrote:

Barb-

If I understand your question correctly... it sounds like you want to
manually eliminate blank visible rows in powerpoint. If you are trying to do
this via code, please post the code you have come up with so far.

For manual correction, when you 'open'/select the worksheet object in a
powerpoint slide, you will see scrollbars that allow you to move around to
cells that weren't visible before. When you exit the excel object (revert
focus to powerpoint) whatever was visible in the Excel subwindow is what is
shown in powerpoint. Therefore, with the Excel subwindow open, move to your
target range, then use the window 'handles' to resize the subwindow to hide
any undesired rows. When you click out of the Excel subwindow, those extra
rows will be gone.

You can then resize the Excel container within Powerpoint to take advantage
of any extra space this gives you.

Hope this helps,
Keith

When you embed an Excel sheet in powerpoint,
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I've added a bunch of data to several embedded OLEObjects in PowerPoint,
but
now I find that when I view the presentation, there are blank rows
displayed.
How do I change the "view" so that those blank rows are no longer
displayed.

The objects are referrred to as myShape, and I can figure out the last row
that I want to display in the object.

Thanks,

Barb Reinhardt