Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Import data from web page into excel

You are probably selecting the wrong table at the website. Go back and
perform the webquery manually and make sure you have selected the correct
table on the website. if this doesn't work there are methods of opening an
Internet explorer from VBA and gettting the data through IE commands. if you
are having problems post the Website and I will take a look.

"rik" wrote:

Hi there,
i know this issue has been discussed several times but still i can't solve
my problem. I'm trying to get stock data (renewed every few seconds) into my
excell sheet. I use visual basic in excel 2003.
1. it works using a webquery BUT the data i pick up are not the last shown
on the website (streaming data), it looks like there is a train of data on
the website and the program picks the one that was "actual" 1 minute ago,
not the one shown at that very moment.
2. it works manually with copy and paste, BUT i need the last shown number
at the end of EVERY minute, so this is not an option.
3. i tried to use "sendkeys" (alt tab/copy/alt tab/paste = what i do
manually - see above) but both internet explorer and excell get stuck, only
way to get away is ctrlaltdel ... Even with "DoEvents" added, it won't work.

any ideas please ?