Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Very Slow reading excel data into an array (while opened in ne

1) To speed up execution of your code and to stop blinking turn off screen
updting at the beginning of the macro and then turn it back on at the end

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

2) Excel is sometime bad at comnpacting workbooks to reduce memory size. It
may be best to create a new workbook with the your condensed table and savig
the final results as a new file. This will probably cure youor memory
problem. I suspect that maybe when you are creating the table you maybe
copying formulas rather than just the values which may be the reason for the
memory error.

"MikeZz" wrote:

Hi JP,
I think I posted back to Joel when it should have gone to you.
In case you are not notified of replies to him, please look at my 9/14 posts
further down in the thread to answer all your previous questions.

Thanks again, this thread is a lifesaver.