Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kay Kay is offline

Default Formatted Date in header applied with a macro

Joel,

thanks so much for taking the time to explain the different techniques. I
recorded the macro first using the date button, but then changed the code to
use the format(date, mmmm dd, yyyy). I was just surprised that it would not
update, the same as a regular header that uses the date button option. Can I
assume that if I used your third method Range("A1").Formula = "=Now()" that
while it would update, you might not be able to get it to format as above? I
am ever so grateful for the explanations and it is very important to me that
I understand why.

Thanks again!

"Kay" wrote:

Hello all,

I was just looking at the post for formatting the date in a header. My
question concerns how to get the date to update without re-running the macro.
If you use the default date as added via the header footer toolbar, it
updates fine, but format(date, mmmm dd, yyyy) does not.