Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default vlookup in vb

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim res As Variant
Dim LookupRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range

With Worksheets("database")
Set LookupRng = .Range("b:b")
End With

Set myCell = Worksheets("main").Range("B1")

res = Application.Match(myCell.Value, LookupRng, 0)
If IsError(res) Then
MsgBox "Not found!"
Else
With LookupRng.Parent.Cells(res, "CB")
If IsNumeric(.Value) Then
.Value = .Value - 1
Else
MsgBox "Not numeric!"
End If
End With

wrote:

Ok here is what I am trying to do. I have a worksheet called "main"
and another called "database''
I want to lookup the value in cell B1 in "main'' worksheet in the
"database'' worksheet which is in column A.
Once found I want it to go to column CB in that same row and subtract
1 from the value there.

I know how to use vlookup to find a value but I figured to subtract 1
from that value a must use a macro, and I am stumped

How can I do this
Thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson