Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Numeric representation of curve/distribution for resource forecast

Maybe you could use the Frequency function:
http://www.ozgrid.com/News/excel-histogram.htm
http://www.handyexceltips.com/2007/1...-simple-logic/

Or, you could consider using the Histogram tool, under Tools Analysis
ToolPak:
http://www.treeplan.com/BetterHistog...41117_1555.htm
http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelArticles/mc/Histogram.html

You should probably consider applying a graph to your final results...

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Fred" wrote:

I am creating a resource forecast report, based on input from 2
sources, both outputting numeric data being fed into a single
spreadsheet. What I am trying to achieve is a "curve" effect but with
numeric values instead of a graph, to show the resource requirements,
based upon a single value (number of days), an indicator showing
whether the "curve" should be front, mid or back-end loaded (F, M, B)
and the number of months (cells) this data should be spread over.

So, for example,
I have 45 as the number of days and 7 as the number of months,
resulting in

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul
F 5 12 12 8 5 2 1
M 1 3.5 11 14 11 3.5 1
B 1 2 5 8 12 12 5

Is there a function or method of achieving this ?

Regards
Fred