Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Sorting CSV Data By Date

Do the first macro work. I assume it does becasue you are getting to the 2nd
macro. The worksheet "Master Data should be completely filled in except for
some data in columns A & B. The second macro fillin the rest of columns A &
b and then seperates this sheet into multiple sheets.

I think you ran the macro more than once or the header Name BG13 (or
equivalent) exists in more than one header. I'm using the the name in Column
B of the header row as the sheet name. If this is the problem you should see
some of the split worksheets exist and filled in with data. You would also
see one new worksheet called SheetXX with no data.

I can also see an error occuring if the worksheet already existed if you ran
the code twice. When you run the First Macro GetTextData() the sheet "Master
Data" sheet cannot exist otherwise you will get an error. I did not include
code to test if the sheet already existed I just created the new sheet
"Master Data". The same problem would occur if you ran the 2nd macro more
than once.

If I din't find the problem let me know which worksheets were created and
how much data is one these sheets. If you do have duplicate names in the
header row then I need to modify the code to come up with a different naming
convention for the sheets. I coiuld check for duplicates an make the sheet
names BB13(2), BG13(3) to handle the duplicate names.

A quick fix would be to comment out the line below by putting a single quote
in front of this line. This will not rename the worksheets.

'NewSht.Name = SetName

"caveman.savant" wrote:

The code for BreakMaster sends the debugger to the EndIf of the 1st
If Statement

I put the raw data at
http://sites.google.com/site/caveman.../Home/raw-data

BTW my raw data wraps the last two digits of the 1st line to a second
line, but should be cannotated to the 1st line
so that
04 IBG10 BOOTS IRRIGATION 75120 GREEN SIZE EA -5.00 -5.00 2.00 14.00
0.00 13.70 22.
95

is