Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mo Mo is offline

Default last date saved in excel

Hello,
I am trying to place the last date saved in an excel spreadsheet. For
instance, if I last saved a document a month ago, and I open the document
today, I want a month ago's day to print out not today's date UNLESS I SAVE
the document.

I know this can be done in MS Word through Insert Field, choosing date and
format and preserving formatiing during updates but I cannot for the life of
me figure out how to do this in Excel.

The closest I can come is header/footer and putting date in format there but
it doesn't give me the last date I saved.

Can you help?
--
Thank you for your help
MO