Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Oldjay Oldjay is offline

Default Input box

Thanks

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

The InputBox is a pre-defined function or procedure of Microsoft. I don't
know of a way to manage the cursor without having their source code, and that
is not likely to happen. Like I said, it should already be where you want
it. The text that is in there by default is highlighted so that if you want
to change from the default, all you have to do is start typing and it
automatically deletes the default text.

If you only want to extend the default by adding data to it, maybe you
should think about doing it a different way. For example:

quotenumber = InputBox("Please enter QUOTE number to recall , "The Auld
Company")
QUOTE = "C:\Quick Quotes3\" & quotenumber & ".XLS"

This adds the quote number by concatenating the text you had used as default
to the user input. Would that meet your needs?

"Oldjay" wrote:

Is there any code that will move the cursor to the end?

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

In my system, it does put the cursor (insertion point) at the end ot the
default value. If you press the right arrow on the arrow keys, then the
highlight should go away and you will see the blinking insertion marker, or
cursor.

"Oldjay" wrote:

Screwed up my first question. Here is the correct question

I have the following code

quotenumber = InputBox("Please enter QUOTE number to recall , "The Auld
Company", "C:\Quick Quotes3\")
QUOTE = quotenumber & ".XLS"

As shown it highlights " C:\Quick Quotes3\" in the input box. I want it to
place the cursor at the end of C:\Quick Quotes3\

oldjay