Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default removing data based on other cell information

This will process the cells in columns A, C, F, and G: what wasn't clear was if you wanted to clear
the cells relative the those cells or always from the same columns: F, G, H, and I.

Dim rng As Range
Dim i As Integer
Dim j As Variant
For Each j In Array(1, 3, 6, 7)
Set rng = Range(Cells(1, j), Cells(Rows.Count, j).End(xlUp))
For i = rng.Rows(rng.Rows.Count).Row To rng.Row + 1 Step -1
If Cells(i, 1).Value = Cells(i - 1, 1).Value Then
Cells(i, 6).ClearContents
Cells(i, 7).ClearContents
Cells(i, 8).ClearContents
Cells(i, 9).ClearContents
End If
Next i
Next j

--
HTH,
Bernie

"S Himmelrich" wrote in message
I've created the following macro that removes data based on ofther
cell information. This is similar to duplicate row code, but I'm
looking to define which columns I evaluate. Currently, this macro
looks at just column A or 1. I need it to look at column A, C, F &
G. My question is more syntax based I believe as I'm at a beginner
level in creating VB/Macro code; otherwise this is working as needed -
can anyone assist on the range on this one?

'Removing Dupicates
Dim rng As Range
Dim i As Integer
Set rng = Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 1).End(xlDown))
For i = rng.Rows(rng.Rows.Count).Row To rng.Row + 1 Step -1
If Cells(i, 1).Value = Cells(i - 1, 1) Then
Cells(i, 6).ClearContents
Cells(i, 7).ClearContents
Cells(i, 8).ClearContents
Cells(i, 9).ClearContents