Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Input box

I don't believe so. The idea of the default value is it is a suggested
answer allowing the user to either hit Enter to accept it or begin typing a
new value instead. Personally, I think you are using trying to use the
InputBox incorrectly. Just ask for the Quote number itself (what you want
the user to type in anyway) and concatenate it onto the path yourself.
Something like this maybe...

Path = "C:\Quick Quotes3\"
QuoteNumber = InputBox("Please enter QUOTE number to recall for..." & _
vbLf & vbLf & "The Auld Company (" & Path & ")", _
"The Auld Company")
QUOTE = "C:\Quick Quotes3\" & QuoteNumber & ".XLS"

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Oldjay" wrote in message
Is there any code that will move the cursor to the end?

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

In my system, it does put the cursor (insertion point) at the end ot the
default value. If you press the right arrow on the arrow keys, then the
highlight should go away and you will see the blinking insertion marker,
or
cursor.

"Oldjay" wrote:

Screwed up my first question. Here is the correct question

I have the following code

quotenumber = InputBox("Please enter QUOTE number to recall , "The Auld
Company", "C:\Quick Quotes3\")
QUOTE = quotenumber & ".XLS"

As shown it highlights " C:\Quick Quotes3\" in the input box. I want it
place the cursor at the end of C:\Quick Quotes3\

oldjay