Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Split address in 1 cell into 4

Assuming the little square is CHAR(10), we will first replace the little
square with a comma and then use Text To Columns. Pull-down;

Edit Replace

1. click in the find what box
2. while holding down the ALT key, touch 010 on the numeric keypad
3. click in the replace with box and enter a comma

Now that we have removed all the squares and replaced them with commas,
click on the column and pull-down:

Data Text to columns Delimited and use the comma as the delimiter.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200804

"TXDalessandros" wrote:

I have a extract from the web that puts the address field all in one and I
need to split this by street address then city state and zip into the next 3
columns. My data looks like this when extracted. There is a Square for the
implied enter after the end of the street address

1107 Hendrick Dr Suite B
Carbondale, CO, 81623

Is there code that could be used to split this from say column F into F, G,
H and I?

Thank you
Holly