Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Default "object variable or with bock variable not set" - quick reply greatly appreciated!

Hi,

My VBA is having problems (resulting in the above error message) at the
following line: -

Range(Range("RefNum").Find(Ref, LookAt:=xlWhole).Address).Select

- 'RefNum' is a dynamic range (and refers to the correct range when chosen
via 'Edit', 'Goto')
- 'Ref' is a variable which it recognises as '1' when the mouse hovers over
the error-highlighted code

Its purpose is to locate the correct row on another sheet (which contains
the 'RefNum' range) from a unique reference number ('Ref') on this sheet
(then copy relevant pieces of data from one to the other).

This forms part of a much bigger piece of vba, and was previously working
properly; i guess i've changed something, but i can't see what. Can anyone
tell me what i'm doing wrong? Do i need to post the rest of the code?

Thanks,

Tim